History of the Warren Tavern
The Warren Tavern Museum was built in 1838 as a hotel. The Founder of Warrenville, “Colonel” Julius Morton Warren, built this historic landmark of DuPage County.
With the owners slating the landmark for demolition in 1991, a group of volunteers banded together to form the Warren Tavern Preservationists, Inc., to assume the responsibility of; relocating, restoring, maintaining, and interpreting the 1838 Warren Tavern-Hotel. On October 7, 1992, the landmark made a triumphal journey from its original location on the nearby Walgreen’s site to its new home on Second Street, in the designated Historical Park arranged for by the City of Warrenville.
Since the Warren Tavern was moved, the Warren Tavern Preservationists have taken great care to renovate this building into a place that is true to its history, and also provides a great place for a party.
The Warren Tavern Preservationists are always looking for volunteers to help maintain the building and grounds. Contact Carla Kibler at
or (630)393-4001 to volunteer.